For homeowners, even the smallest of leaks can end up causing big problems. While some leaks may be easily identified, others can be hidden behind the walls or floors of your property. That’s where professional leak detection services from Drucks Plumbing & Heating can help! Our experienced team can use advanced techniques and technology to pinpoint the location and source of the leak, while also handling the repair to prevent any possible water damage within your Neenah home.
Don't let a simple leak turn into a major headache – choose our team for peace of mind and a job done right.
What Are the Most Common Household Water Leaks?
Every year, thousands of gallons of water are wasted due to household water leaks. That’s why it’s imperative you consult with a plumber to identify and repair any leaks within your home as soon as possible. But where do these plumbing leaks typically occur? Well, there are several different types of leaks that can develop within a home, but some of the most common locations are in faucets, toilets, pipes, showerheads, and water heaters. These leaks can add up over time, contributing to wasted water and higher utility bills.
That's why we recommend becoming well versed in the specific causes of these household leaks and why they develop in the first place.
Common Causes of Water Leaks:
- Faucets – If your faucets are constantly dripping or leaking, the issue may be due to a faulty O-ring or valve. Additionally, a damaged washer, worn seal or cartridge, as well as loosened pipe fittings could also contribute to a leak.
- Toilets – When your toilet begins to leak, it could be the result of a broken or stuck flapper. The leak could also be due to worn seals at the base of the toilet, damaged connectors, as well as a crack within the toilet tank or bowl.
- Showerheads – Over time, showerheads can gradually loosen or develop cracks in their seals which can allow a leak to form. A buildup of minerals and limescale within the showerhead can also contribute to a leak, as can a worn shower cartridge.
- Water heaters – When your water heater starts to leak the culprit is most often due to a loose drain valve or a faulty temperature and pressure relief valve. However, corrosion and sediment within a water heater can cause deterioration within the tank which can also lead to a leak.
- Pipes – Leaks can develop within your piping system for a variety of reasons. For example, excessively high water pressure, sudden changes in temperature, and tree roots can all cause breaks in the pipes leading to a leak. Additionally, severe clogs within the drain lines, movement in the soil surrounding the pipes, and hard water which can cause the piping to start to corrode, can also contribute to leaks forming.
With so many potential causes behind a plumbing leak, it’s best to consult with a trained Neenah leak detection expert who can identify where the leak is stemming from and the repair needed. It’s crucial to avoid delays in having a repair performed, as an untreated leak can lead to a host of problems.
Request an appointment with our Neenah leak repair pros today!
Plumbing leaks are not something to take lightly. In fact, even a small leak can escalate into a major problem if not attended to promptly. Leaks are known to cause damage to flooring, walls, and even the foundation of homes - and the longer the leak goes unnoticed, the more severe the damage can become. In addition to structural damage, leaks can also increase the risk of mold and mildew growth, which can pose a health risk to you and your family.
Therefore, it is essential to take prompt action in addressing plumbing leaks to prevent long-term damage. If you suspect a leak or notice any of the below signs, be sure to contact our professional Neenah leak repair technicians immediately to assess the situation and make necessary repairs.
What Are the Signs of a Plumbing Leak?
- Increased water bills
- Water spots on the ceilings or walls
- A drop in water pressure
- Bubbling paint or peeling wallpaper
- Drooping ceilings
- Sounds of running water behind the walls
- Warped hardwood floors
- Musty odors throughout the home
- Puddles underneath sinks
Call Drucks Plumbing & Heating For Reliable Leak Repair Solutions
When it comes to leaks, time is of the essence. Whether it's a small drip or a major flood, water damage can be swift and costly. Therefore, in order to prevent costly damage and repairs, it’s essential you call in the plumbers at Drucks Plumbing & Heating. With our knowledge and 75+ years of experience, you can be confident that your home’s plumbing leak will be located and repaired efficiently and effectively. Not only will this save you time and money in the long run, but it will also give you peace of mind knowing that the issue has been properly resolved.
We know that replacing a system can be expensive. Trust us to provide quality work at an affordable price to keep you living comfortably for days to come.